Solving Toshiba Satellite Laptop Battery Not Charge Issues
Toshiba Satellite laptops use rechargeable laptop batteries for power when they're not plugged into electrical outlets. This allows you to take and use the laptops anywhere. Rechargeable laptop batteries have a lifespan of one to three years. After this time, the efficiency of a battery may decrease or the battery may die and not charge. However, prior to spending money on a costly replacement laptop battery, you should troubleshoot the battery and power cord to ensure the battery is indeed dead.
1. Power down the Toshiba Satellite laptop. Unplug the power cord.
2. Remove the battery from the laptop. A Toshiba battery is located on the bottom of the laptop. Slide the locking mechanism to the right. Hold the mechanism in place with one hand while lifting the battery upward with the other hand. Release the locking mechanism once the Toshiba pa3356u-1brs battery is removed.
3. Plug the power cord into the right side of the Toshiba laptop while the battery is removed. Press the "Power" button to turn the laptop on. If the laptop turns on, the power cord is properly working. If the laptop doesn't turn on, ensure the electrical outlet is working by plugging in another device. If the electrical outlet is working but the computer won't turn on, the power cord is dead and needs to be replaced. If the power cord is not properly working, it will not charge the battery. Turn off the laptop and remove the power cord.
4. Examine the battery. Look for signs of damage, such as corrosion, dents or dings. If you see damage on the battery or battery contacts, replace the Toshiba pa3399u-1brs battery with a new one.
5. Clean the laptop battery. Pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol into the rubbing alcohol cap. Dip a cotton swab into the rubbing alcohol. Rub the swab onto the battery contacts, located on the battery and in the battery bay, to remove dust and grime. Dirt can prevent the battery from properly charging, so the battery should be routinely cleaned.
Toshiba pa3285u-1bas battery
Li-ion, 4400 mAh, 10.8 V
only AU $57.68
6. Push the laptop computer battery back into the battery bay. The battery will snap into place.
7. Plug the power cord into the side of the laptop. Allow the battery to charge for 8 hours or overnight. Do not use the laptop during this time, as it can slow down the charging process.
8. Remove the power cord. Press the "Power" button. If the laptop will not turn on, the battery is dead and should be replaced.
What to Know Before Buying a Spare Laptop Battery
There are many repalcement laptop batteries manufacturers, and even more retailers to buy your laptop battery from. However, your biggest concern in purchasing a laptop battery will be to choose the battery that fits your computer. For this you will need to know the make and model number of your laptop; if you don't know his offhand or don't have the necessary paperwork, check the inside of your laptop's battery compartment while the computer is off and unplugged. There you should find the model number, along with some other information. You may also find the part number of your Toshiba satellite e105 battery, located on the casing of the battery itself.
Toshiba satellite a200 laptop battery
Li-ion, 4400 mAh, 10.8 V
only AU $57.77
How to Choose a Replacement Laptop Battery
When buying a laptop battery pack, you will probably only have one or two choices that fit your computer. Choose the HP 484170-001 laptop battery with the longest life available for your computer. There are several different kinds of cheap laptop batteries; because the technologies of each are very different, a laptop must be designed specifically for the type of battery it uses. Most laptops are only designed to use one type of battery technology.
Related post: Laptop Battery Specifications and Care Tips
How to improve MacBook Pro laptop battery life
How to Charge Dell Inspiron 6400 Battery
How to Manage Lithium Laptop Batteries
Charge Toshiba portege m300 battery Instructions
How to Rebuild Fujitsu Laptop Battery
Quality Battery Supplier --> Laptop Battery Care Guide
|How to select the right laptop battery and laptop ac adapter for your laptop|
|Thursday, Feb 22, 2011 by discount laptop battery shop|
Finding your laptop Brand & Model
|Ideal Strategy to Maximize Laptop Battery Lifespan|
|Friday, Jan 21, 2011 by laptop battery shop|
|What’s the best way to extend the service life of your laptop battery? Not runtime between charges, but how many charges you can get from a Lithium Ion laptop battery before it will not longer hold a useful charge...|