How to Preserve Notebook Battery Life
Notebook battery life is a big concern among users due to the high costs of battery replacement. While many people concern themselves with how many hours they can squeeze out of each charge, it is also important to know what things you can do to keep your battery running at all. Here are some tips regarding notebook battery life.
1. It is best to leave the battery inside the computer even when plugged in for long periods of time for maximum notebook battery life. Removing the battery causes it to discharge slowly and makes it more difficult to recharge to its full potential.
2. That being said, notebook battery life can also be adversely affected by never using the battery even though it may be plugged in. Even if you spend all your time using your notebook computer plugged in at a desk, unplug it occasionally and force it to use the battery if you want to have optimum laptop battery life.
3. If for some reason you need to store your notebook battery for a long period of time, experts recommend that you leave the charge at around 40%. This seems to be the magic position that enables it to charge and recharge to its full potential once you start using it again. You can also help maintain your notebook battery life by storing it in a cool, dry place.
HP elitebook 8530w battery
Li-ion, 4400 mAh, 14.4 V
only AU $ 75.65
4. On occasion it is a good idea to fully discharge and recharge your notebook battery. Once a month seems about right. Notebook battery life can be reduced if the battery never gets to experience a full discharge and charge.
5. Nearly every notebook comes with a Lithium Ion battery these days. The notebook battery life of LiIon batteries is typically 2-3 years or 300-500 full charge cycles. With that in mind, be very careful not to discharge it unnecessarily (outside of emergencies and full discharges for maintenance purposes).
6. Since notebook battery life is dependent on the number of charges and recharges, it is helpful to get as much time out of each charge as you can. Try to use the power saver settings on your computer system, keep the screen as dim as you can stand, and use hibernate mode.
7. Heat is a major enemy of notebook battery life. Keep your HP elitebook 8530p battery out of direct sunlight and hot cars.
8. It is also recommended that you clean the battery contacts with rubbing alcohol from time to time to prolong your notebook battery life. When the battery doesn't have a clean contact, it has to work harder.
Tips and Warnings :
Defragging also helps prolong notebook battery life by minimizing the load on your battery.
If you need to replace your notebook battery, you can usually find a better deal by searching online.Disconnect external drives from your notebook when not in use because they can eat up notebook battery life just by being plugged in.
Toshiba PA3534U-1BRS Battery
Li-ion, 5200 mAh, 10.8 V
only AU $72.89
How to Choose a Replacement Laptop Battery:
When buying a laptop battery pack, you will probably only have one or two choices that fit your computer. Choose the HP probook 4510s battery with the longest life available for your computer. There are several different kinds of cheap laptop batteries; because the technologies of each are very different, a laptop must be designed specifically for the type of battery it uses. Most laptops are only designed to use one type of battery technology.
|How to select the right laptop battery and laptop ac adapter for your laptop|
|Thursday, Feb 22, 2011 by discount laptop battery shop|
Finding your laptop Brand & Model
|Ideal Strategy to Maximize Laptop Battery Lifespan|
|Friday, Jan 21, 2011 by laptop battery shop|
|What’s the best way to extend the service life of your laptop battery? Not runtime between charges, but how many charges you can get from a Lithium Ion laptop battery before it will not longer hold a useful charge...|